Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Prism Quilt Along

Its quilted, finished, done and I really like my prism quilt.  I first started making my prism quilt with halloween fabric but kept thinking about this quilt..the one I ended up making. I really wanted to work with some low volume fabrics and I wanted it to be scappy.  I changed the quilt pattern a little by adding the border...really I must say because I'm lazy.  I wanted the quilt to be a little bigger but didn't want to make any more blocks, soooo maybe being lazy isn't always so bad.


The quilted swirls are new for me...they are from Angela Walters.  I've wanted to try them for awhile.  They took some time but I was happy with them.


C
The back is pieced.  I like to use what I have and I like the way it looks.  More interesting.  The vintage pink band members are fun, don't you think? I found this piece of fabric at a yard sale.  Check out the other Prism quilts on 13 Spools.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful, Nancy! I love your low volume background and the cool vs warm colours used for the diamonds. Your version is sew fresh! Also a lovely job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete