Sunday, September 15, 2013

Working on...

Don't know what it is with the barn quilt blocks but I've taken pictures several times..different locations and this is just as good as its going to get.  This is a BOM at my local quilt shop, The Village Mercantile.  Traveling, you see more and more barn quilts and the incredible thing about America's barn quilt trail movement is it really did start with one person and a single barn quilt panel, the Ohio Star, in 2001.  I didn't have a barn to put a barn quilt on, but I do have a fence.  It was my husbands idea to make a barn quilt for our fence, ( he's creative that way).


 
 
Lori Holt is doing a quilt along with quilt barns on her blog, Bee in my Bonnet.  Her barns are bright red, turquoise, pink and yellow.  There're fun and wonderful annnnd ..she has barns with silos and even a tractor to use on the back of the quilt as a label.  Check it out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment